Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween Fizzle

For those of you waiting for Halloween pictures, you're just going to have to wait until next year. Halloween 2005 in St. Louis was a wash out. By the time I picked the boys up, it was dark and pouring down rain. Chris works late on Mondays, so I was the only parental unit to guide the Halloween festivities.

When Brandon presented me with a lunch box FULL of candy from his class party, I made the executive decision not to go Trick or Treating. We have enough candy. Really. I'll be throwing out Halloween candy around Christmas time and replacing it with Christmas candy. Then, around Valentine's Day, I'll throw out the Christmas candy. Then around Easter, well, you get my drift. (Note to candy producers: You know, there's no real candy-oriented holiday between Easter and Halloween. You really ought to create one. Just kidding.)

So we stayed home. The boys got AMPLE candy from our 'Trunk or Treat' at church and their school parties. They wore their costumes out twice and more frequently at home. At least you had Halloween preview in October. Now for one more Tootsie Roll . . .

No comments: