Friday, November 02, 2007

Wonder Pets! Akin to Waterboarding!

Of all the morning shows that Matthew watches, nay - obsesses about - Wonder Pets! is my least favorite. You may remember a previous rant of mine about Wonder Pets. Needless to say, I haven't changed my feelings about the show.

I try to do other things while Matthew is watching Wonder Pets because I just can't stomach the show and if I hear the theme song, it sticks in my head all day: "What's going to work? Teamwork? What's going to work? TEAMWORK!" Then I want to go sit in a corner and repeatedly bash my head against the wall. Which is not productive, mind you.

I do want to suggest to the current Administration that they consider using Wonder Pets as a method of interrogation instead of waterboarding (which at first I thought sounded like fun - like surfing or skiing or something. Turns out it is actually 'simulated drowning' - not so much fun, actually.) See, if you show Wonder Pets non-stop to the person you're trying to interrogate, eventually the person will crack because because the song is stuck in his or her head and is causing chronic insomnia. I think Wonder Pets would most likely be a good compromise for the whole torture/waterboarding controversy. Really.

No comments: