Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend Update

Cough. Cough. Cough. Sniff. That's been the melody around our house for the past several days. Matthew started it, and Chris and I have chimed in now that Matthew has spread billions of germs all over the house. Matt cried when I told him I was keeping him home from Bible class this morning and he promised over and over he wouldn't cough. It was pitiful. But he seems to be doing better; he's been running around the house all day and the coughing has seemed to decrease.

Brandon came home from camp yesterday and told us he missed us. Sometimes he talks like camp was fun; other times, it was a drag. I guess it was a pretty typical experience for him. He came home with many bug bites - I asked him if he used the Skintastic I packed for him and he looked at me weird and said, "The what?" I said, "The bug repellant." "Oh, yeah, I did use that sometimes." Right. He did win an award for catching crawfish out of the creek - he's a natural, of course - it must be the Cajun side of the family. I think it was a great experience for him to be away from us and on his own for a while.

Matt decided last night that he was tired of his curls - so Chris obliged him and now he and Brandon both have very short hair. I tried to get them to cut their hair prior to vacation, but both of them liked it long. We convinced Brandon to cut his hair short for camp, which he did. Matthew is more fashion conscious, so he took a little longer to decide whether he was ready to have his curls cut. I was sad to see them go, but he does look like a big boy now with his short hair.

Other than that, it's been a pretty typical weekend of laundry, vacuuming, shopping and more laundry. I've got to start painting some of these rooms - we have friends and family coming soon, and I'd like to have some of the rooms in some kind of order. It seems I'm always saying, "Maybe next weekend . . ."

No comments: