Tuesday, October 25, 2005

So NOT How I Wanted to End My Day

I was almost home from work, kid in tow, when I receive this call from Chris on my cell phone: "What's the number for maintenance? The refrigerator is not working."

"I'll be right there."

Sure enough, the fridge had died. I started cooking the thawed ground beef, hoping to save as much as I could. Chris could go get a couple bags of ice and we could put a little food in our cooler. Our frozen food was quickly defrosting. To be honest, I actually was hoping for a dinner out on this occasion.

Chris went to the office and came back with the maintenance guy who stayed late, just to bring us another refrigerator. Which was good, because we saved the majority of our food. However, I did end up cooking about 4 entrees before the whole process was over. Which is NOT what I wanted to do with my Tuesday evening.

Bright side:
1. We don't have to mosey over to Home Depot/Lowe's/Sears to buy a new fridge.
2. We don't have to dispose of the old one.
3. We don't have to even move the old one.
4. I now have meat already cooked for the next few days.

No comments: